The School/Job Alternation, as Law 105/2005 established, is “a teaching method to fulfil flexible learning, which is culturally and educationally equivalent (to standard ones), concerning the high school’s cycle results, systematically linking the training in classroom with hands-on experience, in order to foster youth’s guideline and to highlight personal avocations and individuals’ interests and features”.
This procedure works out as a connection, or a transition point, between the world of school and the labour market; this specificity arises the priority to empower and simplify the relations among teachers, students, business operators, companies and even departments, to improve and tailor the educational assortment on offer, relating it to the possible local uses. Namely, the 3rd, 4th and 5th classes are barely aware of surrounding enterprises – nevertheless how these are involved in on-going social and economic changes – and they ignore which will be the expected knowledge and skills.
This project is furthermore necessary on the basis of:
- Developing the elements already got during the student’s specifically addressed course of study, with regard to specific local and native frameworks’ demands
- Providing the student chances of meeting, confrontation and learning with professionals from the business environment
- Enhancing the young’s abilities to detect and pick out the educational opportunities that suit the most their focus, their talents and competencies.
- Steadily and increasingly encouraging innovative pedagogical approaches as: LEARNING BY DOING, PROJECT WORK, BUSINESS GAME, ROLE PLAYING, OUTDOOR TRAINING, etc.;
- Apprehending the capability of pliable and professional withdrawal from difficult situations supposed to occur into a working contest, with efficient independent line-ups.
The School/Job Alternation path foresees various workshops on site bound to implement skills and knowledge previously learnt at school, allowing besides to:
- Widen one’s experience with the learning by doing methodology, for it will be possible to gain, expand and strengthen these technical and professional skills among different context;
- Internalize organisational, communicative and relational tools, meant to solve problems
- Help individuals to find out their purposes, desires and specific attitudes, to ripen “on-the-ground” and thereafter lay them out in the labour market.
- Supply the students with the accessibility to places alternative to the institutions, so as to exploit each one’s personal and working potential in official – yet unofficial – situations and ways of learning.
- Promote the changeover of young students towards employment and to predict, across this enriching opportunity, the evaluation of matching amidst individuals’ expectations, interests and setting, as well as the working suitability offered in the labour market.